Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Oven Baked Chicken Chimichangas

1 1/2 C Cooked chicken, chopped or shredded
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp Dried oregano crushed
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp Kosher salt (1/4 tsp table salt)
1/4 tsp Black pepper
1/2 C drained and rinsed black beans
2 T chopped cilantro or baby spinach
3/4 salsa or salsa verde
1 C monterey Jack Cheese , shredded
flour tortillas
veg oil or olive oil for brushing

400 degrees for 23 to 26 min
combine chicken, cumin, oregano, chili powder, salt, pepper, black beans, cilantro. Mix then salsa and cheese. Taste and see if you need more salt or salsa
Warm tortillas so the don't crack ( I didn't but it might be better to)
fill tortillas and wrap up like a burrito. Place in cake pan. Brush tops and sides of each with oil.

I loved these. Good and fast. I might add corn next time for something different. I used cheddar because that's what I had and I used garlic salt and then add no salt. I also added a red pepper chopped up.
We made up a mixture of sour cream and salsa to dip in. Everyone liked these. Alina ate half of one and meadow asked if she could take then to school for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment