Saturday, August 7, 2010

Fruit Leather Recipe

I am looking for a good fruit leather recipe and was just wondering if any of you girls have a good one that you like to use and if so, please share.
Thanks,
Dannielle

2 comments:

  1. Hey Dannielle...

    I'd be interested in finding this out as well...I'd love to do some this summer.

    Sorry I don't have one to share. I'll do a little research and if I find one, I'll let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made some a couple of weeks ago! I had some plums and a mango that were getting too ripe so I pureed them in the blender (minus the pits and mango peel-left the plum peel on) until they were really, really smooth. (my friend used peaches and pineapplew, yum) I tasted it and it was sweet enough that I didn't add any sugar but you can adjust sugar according to taste. Then I put plastic wrap on a cookie sheet and poured the fruit on it. I adjusted the stove to the lowest temperature and let it go. My oven only goes down to 170 so I had to open the door every so often to let it cool off. I can't remember how long it took- maybe 12 hours? Then I took it out when it wasn't sticky anymore, let it cool and then rolled it up with the plastic wrap and cut into sections and I store it in a quart canning bottle. I also did a batch in my dehydrator. It is easier to regulate the temperature and so it came out a bit softer but I liked both batches. I had a case of canned applesauce that the kids wouldn't eat after they had bottled applesauce. Julie gave me the idea of mixing a package of jello with a couple of cans of applesauce and then drying it in the same way. My kids loved that too.

    ReplyDelete