Friday, July 16, 2010

Tiny Spicy Chicken

Our own food blog- I'm so excited!

Chicken wings or cut up chicken breasts
1/4 C chicken stock
garlic salt
beaten eggs
cornstarch
1/4 to 1/2 C sugar
1/2 to 3/4 C white vinegar
3-4 T catsup
1 t soy sauce
salt
2-3 T ground chili paste (at any asian market and most likely in the asian section of bigger grocery stores
Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt and let sit for one hour. Dip chicken into eggs and then into cornstarch. Brown in vegetable oil until golden brown and place in 9x13 inch pan. Cover with sauce and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour turning about every 15 minutes.

To make sauce:
Cobine sugar, vinegar, catsup, soy sauce, dash of salt, and ground chili paste to taste (a littel goes a long way) and 1/4 C chicken stock in saucepan. Heat until sugar dissolves and pour over chicken.

I got this out of the Logan Eleventh Ward cookbook. This was the ward that we lived in while we were going to school. I love it because of its obvious deliciousness and also because I have always been such a measurer and this was one of the first recipes that, because of its lack of exact measurements, forced me to actually cook to taste. I think that LDS ward cookbooks are a treasure to the culinary world that have been as yet sadly untapped. chuckle

Jana

No comments:

Post a Comment